Book For Our Wedding Open Day
Whitley’s Hit Wedding Open Days are BACK!! As Sheffield’s premier wedding venue, we know some of you have been looking forward to come down and start looking around the hall in the hopes of starting to plan your big day. We also know that some of you have loads of questions about your wedding that you already have booked with us. We are extremely happy that after careful planning, staff training and the implementing of new procedures we are now up and running and able to open the doors carefully to weddings for an open day.
In order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and guests we have put in place some very important protocols that we require you to follow. Please read the below requirements and should you have any concerns please contact us before booking your time slot. In booking you accept our terms and agree to abide by our conditions as laid out below.
Our New Protocols
- All staff will be wearing a mask for your safety.
- All doors will be propped open to avoid unnecessary contact.
- Only guests with a time slot booked will be permitted.
- Booking slots will be suitably spaced out to minimise contact.
- Only two households can attend. No other guests should come on the hotel grounds.
- Booking slots can not merge or meet on the way round.
- No other hotel facilities will be available which means unfortunately no refreshments can be offered.
- One set of toilets will be open and cleaned regularly.
Our Requirements From You
- You MUST bring and wear a face covering during your entire visit. You will not be admitted to the hotel without wearing a face mask.
- Please remain socially distant throughout your visit.
- Please use the hand sanitiser located by the front door before entering and whenever else appropriate.
- Please make contact with as few surfaces as possible during your visit.
- Please follow instructions from your wedding coordinator as to which areas are available to view. Not all areas of the hotel will be accessible.
- IMPORTANT – If you or another person in your household begin to experience any symptoms you must inform us immediately so we can rearrange your appointment.