Whitley Hall Hotel’s Commitment To You, Our Guests, As We Navigate Through Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
What You Need To Know
- Face coverings are required throughout the building at all times except when seated at a table.
- We will not be accepting cash so please ensure you have a card for payment.
- Food and drink service will stop at 10pm and nothing will be available after this time.
- Bookings will only be taken up to a maximum of six people. If you are found to be in breach of this we reserve the right to cancel you booking or ask you to vacate the premesis. This includes booking multiple tables/bedrooms amounting to more than six people.
- You must ensure you complete your online check in form in full (please make sure you have booked breakfast and dinner tables too) before arriving at the hotel – this cannot be done at reception.
- Due to current restrictions we are currently working on limited staffing levels so please be patient with our team.
- For the safety of you and our staff we will not be servicing rooms that are staying for more than one night, if you require fresh towels/toiletries please inform a member of the reception team.
- To minimise unnecessary contact we have introduced an online order system. Please use the QR codes on the tables and in bedrooms to view menus and contact our team.
- For your safety all our team will be wearing face coverings in all public areas – whilst you can’t tell, we are smiling at you 😊 Please enjoy your visit to us!
New Health and Hygiene Procedures
Whitley Hall has built upon its already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, where hospital-grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols are currently in use. The program will feature trusted cleaning products, solutions and training. The program will include:
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches, door handles, remote controls & telephones etc.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas .
- Guest-accessible disinfecting stations at entrances and high traffic areas.
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms – electronic versions are now available on our website.
- Table service in operation for all food and drink requirements to reduce movement around the building.
- Grab and Go breakfast option.
- Contactless ordering option via Facebook Messenger introduced.
- Online check-in and contactless check-out.
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
Current Health and Hygiene Standards
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our hotel today, to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our team is receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, lifts, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
- We have increased the time intervals that all staff are required to wash and sanitise their hands.
- We have implemented a cleaning schedule to ensure our menus are clean for every use.
- We are only accepting card transactions as payment method for any of our services.
Our Request To You
- We politely request that all guests sanitise their hands upon arrival, located in the front porch and often whilst moving around the hotel, especially when entering dining areas.
- If you sneeze or cough please catch it in a tissue and bin it immediately, where a tissue isn’t available use the crook of your elbow.
- If you become ill during your visit, please make us aware immediately and refrain from touching any objects or surfaces.
- All current social distancing guidelines must be adhered to at all times.
- Please be respectful to our staff, things have changed massively for us too and we are doing our very best under difficult circumstances.
- Weddings: Currently we are working with our couples with weddings up to 1st December 2020 as the highest priority. Please contact our sales team if you have any concerns regarding your wedding. Rest assured, as soon as we are able we will continue with all weddings as planned so please continue with your arrangements. All payment schedules need to be adhered to in order for us to successfully plan for your big day. No queries regarding weddings will be answered by any member of staff not in our sales team.
- Bedrooms: Should the hotel need to close for any reason we will transfer your booking or issue gift vouchers for the value of any deposits paid.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the hotel website, or direct with our reservations team, please contact our Reservations Team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site (lastminute.com/Expedia etc.), please contact them directly for assistance.
We are monitoring Coronavirus updates from the UK Government and the World Health Organisation and will continue to update our response based on the advice of public health authorities and medical professionals. See the latest information and advice for the public on the outbreak of coronavirus from the UK Government’s Department of Health and Social Care.
Whilst every effort is taken to update this statement as the restrictions are changing on a daily basis operating procedures may differ so please follow the directions of our team on arrival. If you have any remaining questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Whitley Hall Staff & Management
September 22, 2020