Whitley Hall Hotel’s Commitment To You, Our Guests, As We Navigate Through Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority.Â We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
New Health and Hygiene Procedures
Whitley Hall has built upon it’s already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, where hospital-grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols are currently in use. The program will feature trusted cleaning products, solutions and training. The program will include:
- Room Seal to indicate that guest rooms haven’t been accessed since they were cleaned
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting stations at entrances and high traffic areas
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Enhanced cleaning & other changes to buffets, in-room dining and meeting spaces
- Socially distanced check-in and check-out
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
The rollout of new policies will be in place when we reopen.
Current Health and Hygiene Standards
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our hotel today, to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our team is receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, lifts, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
- We have increased the time intervals that all staff are required to wash and sanitise their hands.
- We have implemented recyclable menus that are used for one service only.
- We are only accepting card transactions as payment method for any of our services.
Our Request To You
- We politely request that all guests sanitise their hands upon arrival, located in the front porch.
- If you sneeze or cough please catch it in a tissue and bin it immediately.
- If you become ill during your visit, please make us aware immediately.
- Weddings: Currently we are working with our couples with weddings before 1st September 2020 as the highest priority. Please contact our sales team if you have any concerns regarding your wedding. Rest assured, as soon as we are able we will continue with all weddings as planned so please continue with your arrangements. All payment schedules need to be adhered to in order for us to successfully plan for your big day. No queries regarding weddings will be answered by any member of staff not in our sales team.
- Existing Bedroom Reservations: All flexible room reservations that are scheduled for arrival before June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. All reservations described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase/Late Availability”) or any reservation within the 24 hour cancellation period can be exchanged for a gift voucher to be used before November 30, 2020.
- New Bedroom Reservations: Any reservation you make, even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. All reservations cancelled within the 24 hour cancellation period can be exchanged for a gift voucher to be used before November 30, 2020.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the hotel website, or direct with our reservations team, please contact our Reservations Team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site (lastminute.com/Expedia etc.), please contact them directly for assistance.
We are monitoring Coronavirus updates from the UK Government and the World Health Organisation and will continue to update our response based on the advice of public health authorities and medical professionals. See the latest information and advice for the public on the outbreak of coronavirus from the UK Government’s Department of Health and Social Care.
If you have any remaining questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Whitley Hall Staff & Management
May 22, 2020